Community Leadership Team
The Community Leadership Team consists of a mix of representatives from public, private, and nonprofit organizations from a diverse cross section of the PlanET Region. The Community Leadership Team meets each month and is tasked with prioritizing work activities and making critical recommendations to guide the project and staff (e.g. community outreach, visioning process, scenario planning efforts, plan development, etc.).
Leadership Team members are committed to the following:
- Communicating with members of their constituencies and other consortium members to share information and gather input
- Involving others from their constituencies, organizations, and communities to bring input back
- Contributing leveraged resources through active participation
- Coordinating program activities with other allied initiatives underway (e.g. Knox County Healthy Kids/Healthy Communities, full-service schools, Knoxville- Oak Ridge Innovation Valley, Blount County Green Infrastructure plan, etc . . .)
The Leadership Team will be made up of the following members appointed by the following process:
- Each County Mayor will consult the city and town mayors in their county to appoint one member as a representative based on the priorities for organization and leadership identified above;
- The City of Knoxville will have one member appointed by the Mayor (central city is a required participant under HUD guidelines);
- The Governor will appoint one member;
- Nine members will come from the Interim Advisory Team made up of a cross-section of representatives from each of the five counties that have served as advisors to staff for the development of the project since the grant application was awarded in the fall of 2010; and
- Once established, each Consortium Working Group will appoint one member to serve on the Leadership Team as a voting member for a total of five members.
Staff will work with the Leadership Team to establish voting procedures to be used when consensus cannot be reached.