Consortium Working Groups
Working group members will form partnerships, identify opportunities and challenges, develop strategies, and look for ways to implement policies and strategies identified as part of the planning process.
In order to more effectively engage the Consortium partners, five Consortium Working Groups will be organized into the following topic areas:
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Economy and Workforce Development
- Healthy Communities
- Housing and Neighborhoods
The working groups are designed to be flexible. Smaller cross-sector subgroups will be created as needed. Collaboration across working groups will be a critical element of the project. The Community Leadership Team may choose to combine or adjust the Working Groups. We anticipate that the groups will grow and evolve as the project progresses. Each consortium member in encouraged join or participate in multiple working groups, if interested.
Each working group is tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Produce a report that identifies goals and strategies for the challenges and opportunities identified within their topic area. Each group will prioritize their goals and strategies.
- Make recommendations to the Leadership Team. Ideas that are the most practical and achievable should be given priority. The Leadership Team is not bound to the working group’s recommendations but should give strong consideration to them.
Each working group will meet at least five times over the next 18 months to review project information. An ongoing commitment to PlanET is important to ensure the success of these groups. For this reason, we request that each participant commit to attending all five working group meetings. Interested participants should contact staff for more details.